Thursday, November 28, 2013

Video Game Guides

I recently wrote a guide for League of Legends, which can be viewed here.

Guides are a unique piece of literature and I had fun writing my first one. It's a way to share your experience of a game with others, and is aimed towards improving others' experiences.

It was a new exercise for me as I've never written something like it. The classic literature elements are all there. It is essentially and informative piece, but there is little support for citations. There is room for passion, and it comes out as you describe your experience.

Writing a video game guide is something I recommend to anyone who thinks they have a unique perspective of a game and wants to share that. In terms of video game development, I think it is important for a game to have social aspects. I cannot play a game that is not social, because it makes me feel lonely. If a game does not have social elements in-game, I think a good alternative is through forums where people can share their experiences with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment